Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I WON'T let it ruin my Christmas!!!!!!!!

We just became new homeowners this past October. We work hard for what we have and would for once like a little break. Let me tell you how my Christmas week started. Sunday was very very cold here with a wind chill of -28 or something like that. I had been at my sisters working on a Christmas gift and didn't get home until that evening. I knew it was going to be cold out in my salon so I went to check on the water in the sink, Frozen! Had no idea what to do. So David told me we would deal with it on Monday. Well like some pregnant women I don't sleep very well, I had gotten up at 5:00am, to get a head start I was going to turn on the heater out in the salon. Bad Idea. I had layed down for about an hour and got up to start my day and went out to check on how things were going. I could hardly open the door. WATER was everywhere. A Pipe had broke. I yelled for David to get up and shut the water off to the salon, because I had know idea where it was! After shutting off the water we went out there and there was about 2 inches of water on the floor and water everywhere. Everything was soaked. David started to push the standing water out the back door and I went to find all the towels that I could to help clean up. Well needless to say we got it all cleaned up and we think that the only thing that needs to be replaced is the floor. But we had talked about doing that anyway just a few days earlier. I guess that's what we get for talking about it.





Well wait I have more! Yesterday I decided to give my sister a break and go watch the girls at her house. Because that's what nice sisters do! But when I was there David calls to tell me he got his car stuck in the driveway and that someone he worked with picked him up. He works second shift (3-11pm) so I knew nothing could be done until he got home. Well I had stayed for dinner with my sister's family and didn't get home until around 8:45pm. I was busy getting Carson ready for bed ( that needed to be in around 8:00) so I didn't even see that there was a problem with the toilet, in the only bathroom that we have let me just say. So I went on with my stuff and started the washer and wrapped some gifts. I went in around 11:15pm to use the restroom and that is when I saw that we had a problem. It was not flushing right. So I just thought I would say something to David when he got in from digging out his car. We had gotten a lot of snow drifts in the driver way. Well just about a minute latter I hear water running all over the floor in the bath room. The toilet had overflown. What do I do. I called David in to help and figure out what was the problem. we had no idea. So David ran to Walmart to get a snake to see if that would help. Oh did I forget the tell you that not only the toilet had overflowed but there was standing water in the bathtub. So now what do we do. I went to bed and poor David went back out to dig out the drive way and was out until 2:30am in the rain and cold only to get a couple hours of sleep,he has to work first shift today. So now I have to pack all of our stuff we need for today and for Christmas to take to my parents house. I was so excited to have Carson waking up in his house on Christmas and now I can't even do that. His Papa and Gigi (my parents) where going to come over on Christmas morning just to see the excitement that Carson had and then they we're going to my sister house for the same thing. The more I sit here and think about it the more I get mad. And I can't have Christmas in my house this year because the indoor plumbing hates me. I know I am sure you are thinking well you could be the one that it homeless and does have a place to have a nice Christmas. And I know that we have a nice little house and this will get fixed but i just wanted to be able to have a nice Christmas in our little home. You know I even had gotten a new coffee maker and something to make for breakfast for when Papa and Gigi came on Christmas morning. OK I am done crying like a baby now. I just want a freaking break, for once! I am sure I will have an update in a few days stay tuned!





Well anyways we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you and your Family!

2 comments:

My Two Army Brats said...

I am so sorry that your plans have gotten messed up! Iknow you'll make the most of it. And look at it this way, now you'll get to do you're first Christmas in your own home with both of kids!!! It will be extra special next year!

Damama T said...

OH MY! What rotten luck! I certainly hope that your Christmas came off OK and that you had a great New Year.