Thursday, January 7, 2016

A New Year!!!

Well here I sit on a Thursday on the 6th of January 2016!  After the end of last year its kind of nice to just have a quite evening at home. Well ok lets go back to why I am good with this.....

Ok on a Thursday evening in November, well the 19 to be exact I get a call from My sister in law about her mom and that there has been an emergency and that they have air lifted her to a hospital over and hour away and that she didn't really know what was going on. So we made plans for the boys and headed up to the hospital. it seemed to be the longest ride of my life. well before heading there I got a call from my SIL and she said that there is nothing that they can do for her and that she was losing her mother. I was beside myself! What do I say?! SO we went to say good bye. say goodbye to a wonderful women that was one of my mother in laws, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a grandma. For me the grandma was the hardest one. after a long night and then a long day we picked the boys up from School and has to tell them that one of the grandmas has gone to be with Jesus. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do at as a mother. To tell my boys that they will no longer get to see Grandma Kathy! No longer get to Play with her on Christmas morning, No more Easter Egg hunting out side. So after a long couple weeks of dealing with all the craziness of a very unexpected loss we tried to get back to a some kind of normal.

With Christmas right around the corner we were hanging at the farm with the family and My dad says he wants to talk to us. He go on to say that my Grandpa has to spots on his lungs that they want to test for cancer. Really Cancer! I cant do this, I cant take anymore bad news. But after a few moments of pity I realize that his is not about me and that this is so real. So after a week we find out the results and that in fact he does have cancer.

With all that we had to move in to Christmas! A time we are supposed to enjoy the Love and the Joy of the season. To pick up what is left of my numbness and keep moving forward, Moving forward for my boys, for my family. And even thou it was a nice relaxing Break with my kids it was kind of nice to get our life back to some new kind of normal.

So that is why I an ok with a nice quite evening at home!!

No comments: