Saturday, January 10, 2009

Neighborly Kindness!

Well we just got hit with another winter storm. I think we have gotten somewhere between 10-12 inches in 24 hours and it is still snowing. With very thing that we have going on here, snow is just one more thing to add on. A few weeks ago My Dad called David to ask him if he would be willing to help as a back up work for the company that my dad works for. He works for an excavating company and they do a ton of snow removal. So David said of course he would, He would love to drive a great big tractor and play in the snow, plus he would be making extra money! So Friday morning my Dad called and asked if David could help out after he got out of work. Well let me remind you that David works second shift (3-11pm), so that meant he would be working very late. Well David not wanting to pass up that opportunity he did. Well he did a ton of snow removing at other places, but we also got a ton of snow in our driveway. So in my little head I was thinking I should help him and go out and at least shovel the end of the drive way so that he didn't have to do it himself after working 18 hours straight. OK I know very well that me being almost 5 months pregnant I should not have been shoveling but I did.



But my real point to this story is how that with everything that is going on in this world. There is still neighborly kindness in my neighbors. After I had done about 15-20 feet myself and come in side to get warm. Here came my neighbor on his tractor with his snow blower to finish the rest and to make it so that David didn't have to do any of the shoveling. I just wanted to share the neighborly kindness we were giving after our first snow storm of 2009!

6 comments:

My Two Army Brats said...

That is awesome! I hope it's not the same neighbor that had up the inflatables!

Love ya, see ya in a week!

Julie Taylor said...

Is that the same neighbor that you complained about with the inflatable lawn ornaments? Now don't you feel bad?

Snyder Stories said...

ok Just so you know this a different neighbor. No Inflatables!!! Thank you!

Julie Taylor said...

I'm just picking on you silly girl.=) I'm glad somebody was there to help you out. You're right, the last thing you should be doing is shoveling snow. I sure hope David knows how much you love him.

Brandy said...

I just have to say I am a little ok ALOT jealous of all the snow and stuff your getting. I ordered a HUGE snow/ice storm to hit here but I guess it got lost and you got it instead.

Brandy said...

I gave you an award stop by my blog and pick it up when you get a chance.